Benton Sawrey concentrates his practice in civil litigation and business transactions. He enjoys helping small business owners plan to transfer a small business from one generation to the next in an orderly manner, or grow that business by buying and selling assets. Additionally, Benton has experience in fiduciary and corporate litigation, having brought and defended actions on behalf of several clients in contested estates.
Benton is a native of Smithfield and attended Smithfield-Selma High School. He is a third generation graduate of North Carolina State University, and obtained his Bachelors in Political Science. Upon graduation, he attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the South Carolina Journal of International Law & Business.
Phone: (919) 934-0049 Ext. 239
Fax: (919) 934-6280
North Carolina State University (B.A. in Political Science, 2009)
University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D. 2013)
North Carolina; United States District Court, Eastern District of N.C.; U.S. District Court, Middle District of N.C.; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Eleventh Judicial District Bar Association
- Johnston County Bar Association
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court (2012-2013)
- Board of Directors, Downtown Smithfield Development Corporation
- Board of Trustees, Johnston Community College
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America