Scott Tart’s practice focuses primarily in civil litigation. He has experience in a broad range of legal matters, including construction and real estate litigation; property title disputes; business consultation and litigation; contract drafting, review, and disputes; insurance disputes, and domestic relations. He represents a wide variety of clients, and takes pride in gaining a thorough understanding of their goals and concerns. His constant objective is to pursue his clients’ best interests in the most efficient manner possible.
Scott received his undergraduate degree in Government summa cum laude from Campbell University. He earned his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law and began practicing in 2001.
Scott is a native of Benson, North Carolina. He is married to Deandra Stewart Tart, an English teacher at Johnston County Middle College High School. They live in McGee’s Crossroads with their two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Maggie and Winston. Scott enjoys spending time with his family, traveling near or far, reading almost anything, studying history, eating good food, contemplating why people do the things they do, and training for marathons and most other types of road and trail races.
Phone: (919) 934-0049
Fax: (919) 938-1058
Campbell University (B.A. in Government, summa cum laude, 1998)
University of North Carolina School of Law (J.D., 2001)
North Carolina; United States District Court, Eastern District of N.C.
- Peer Reviewed, Martindale-Hubbell
- Campbell University Distinguished Government Alumnus Award Recipient (2004)
- Johnston County Bar Association (Secretary/Treasurer, 2002)
- Eleventh Judicial Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Shiloh Baptist Church DivorceCare, Facilitator (2014- Present)
- Board of Directors, Johnston Health Foundation (2014- Present)
- Benson Lions Club (Member, 2001-2014; Secretary 2002-2005, 2008-2014; Vice-President 2005-2006; President 2006-2007)
- Board of Directors, Johnston County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (2004- Present)
- Benson Area Chamber of Commerce (President 2007, 2012; Board of Directors 2005-2008, 2011-2013)
- Board of Directors, Benson Fireman’s Relief Fund (2009- 2014)
- Leadership Johnston Participant (2003-2004)
- “Ask a Lawyer Day” at the Johnston County Courthouse (2012, 2013)