Jason Wenzel chairs the firm’s commercial real estate section. In addition, Jason focuses his practice on corporate and business transactions, including the buying and selling of companies and their assets, and general civil litigation. Along with his representation of businesses and their principals, he routinely assists clients with their own succession and estate planning as well as handling contested estate administrations.
Jason grew up in Jacksonville, Florida, before being rudely uprooted during high school to the frozen tundra of southeastern Michigan. After completing his undergraduate studies at Albion College in Michigan, he chose to return south to attend law school at Wake Forest University, where he took full advantage of the warmer climate and access to both the mountains and coast.
Jason is married with both a son and a daughter, and enjoys being at the beach whenever work and his children’s schedules allow.
Phone: (919) 934-0049
Fax: (919) 938-1058
Albion College (B.A. in Economics and Political Science, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1999)
Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D. 2002)
North Carolina; United States District Court, Eastern District of N.C.
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2009, 2010)
- Court-Appointed Counselor, Indigent Defense Services (2002-2012)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Real Property, Estate Planning sections)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Johnston County Bar Association (2002-2003)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Eleventh District Bar Association (2003)
- President, Central Johnston County Rotary Club (2015- 2016)
- Greater Smithfield-Selma Chamber of Commerce (2008-2013); Board Chairman (2012); Treasurer (2011- Present)
- Vice Chairman, Johnston County Board of Adjustment (2016- Present)
- Leadership Johnston Graduate (2007)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America