Kemp Mosley focuses his practice on estate and trust planning, administration, and litigation. He is a frequent writer and publisher on estate and fiduciary litigation issues, and is an active member of the North Carolina Bar Association. Kemp serves as a Legislative Committee member of the Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section, and on the Will Modification subcommittee.
Kemp is an avid outdoorsman and sports fan (Hotty Toddy!). He enjoys spending as much time as possible with his wife, who happens to be his high school sweetheart, and their two young children.
Phone: (919) 977-8018
Fax: (919) 938-1058
University of Mississippi (B.B.A., summa cum laude, 2008; Taylor Medalist and 2007 Managerial Finance Student of the Year)
Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D. 2011; CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient for Policy of Taxation and Litigation Clinic)
North Carolina; United States District Court, Eastern District of N.C.; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Johnston Health Foundation, Planned Giving Committee Member
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Rose Council Member
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Council Member: North Carolina Bar Association – Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section (3 year term: 2017-19)
- Vice Chair of Legislative Committee: North Carolina Bar Association – Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section (2 year term: 2018-19)
- Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- Project Grace Subcommittee, Young Lawyers’ Division
- Leadership Johnston, Smithfield-Selma Chamber of Commerce (2012-2013)
- Wills for the Military, Volunteer Attorney
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer Attorney
- North Carolina Bar Association: 4All Statewide Service Volunteer Day (2017, 2018)
- Johnston County Bar Association Ask a Lawyer Day, Volunteer Attorney (2012, 2013)
- Member of North Raleigh United Methodist Church
- Endowment Committee Member
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- CLE Presentation: “Swapping Roles: Estate Management for the Aged Parent” (Presented on 5/31/14, in Smithfield, NC)
- CLE Presentation and Manuscript: “The Elective Share and Spousal Year’s Allowance: How Much is Just Enough?” (Presented on 7/20/2015 at the National Business Institute’s Probate Boot Camp, in Raleigh, NC) Download
- CLE Presentation and Manuscript: “Estate & Fiduciary Litigation” (Presented on 7/20/2015 at the National Business Institute’s Probate Boot Camp, in Raleigh, NC)
- CLE Presentation: “Real Estate Matters in Estate Planning and Probate Law” (Presented on 9/23/2015 at the North Carolina Bar Association’s Estate Planning & Probate Survey Course, in Cary, NC)
- CPE Presentation and Manuscript: “Love Me Just Enough: Marital Rights After Death” (Presented to the North Carolina Bar Association – Paralegal Division, on 3/9/16, in Cary, NC)
- CLE Presentation and Manuscript: “Having Your Cake and Eating It, Too: Private Foundations, Community Foundations, and Tax Strategies for Charitable Giving” (Presented at the Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Bar Association – Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section, on July 22, 2016, in Asheville, NC)
- CLE Presentation and Manuscript, with James W. Narron: “Addressing Financial Abuse of the Elderly: Estate and Fiduciary Litigation“ (Presented on 2/27/2017 at the 21st Annual Elder & Special Needs Law Symposium, in Pinehurst, NC). Download
- Panel CLE Presentation and Manuscript: “Why We Love Private Foundations” – (Presented on 7/20/2017 at the 38th Annual Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section Annual Meeting, in Kiawah Island, SC).
- “The Will and the Way Article – Ethics of the Fee Petition: Exchanging Privilege for Payment” (August 2017). Link here: Download
- CLE Presentation and Manuscript: “2018 North Carolina Legislative Updates” (Presented on 7/26/2018 at the 39th Annual Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section Annual Meeting, in Kiawah Island, SC).