Matthew McGonagle concentrates his practice in the areas of income and estate tax planning for individuals and small businesses, corporate and business law, and estate administration and probate.
Matt also handles the formation and taxation of C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. Additionally, Matt has worked with several non-profit and tax-exempt organizations, guiding them through formation, operation and application for tax-exempt status.
Matt was born in Garden City, Kansas, living in Oklahoma and Miami during childhood. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, receiving a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance, with honors. Matt attended the University of Tulsa College of Law in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and after obtaining his law degree, proceeded to the University of Florida Levin College of Law, in Gainesville, Florida, receiving an LL.M. in Taxation.
Phone: (919) 934-0049
Fax: (919) 934-6280
University of Miami (B.B.A., with Honors, 2003)
University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D. 2006)
University of Florida Levin College of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 2007)
Florida; North Carolina; United States District Court, Eastern District of N.C.; U.S. Tax Court
- North Carolina Bar Association (Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law, Tax sections; Young Lawyers Division)
- Florida Bar
- Eleventh Judicial District Bar Association
- Johnston County Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Estate Planning Council
- Leadership Johnston Graduate (2009-2010)
- Instructor, Military VITA Training (2014)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America