Hampton Whittington focuses his practice on personal injury, wrongful death and work-related accidents. He represents his clients with personal, professional service to ease their legal concerns while he fights vigorously for them.
Hampton has been a certified Superior Court Mediator since 1996, and has mediated over 1000 cases in various areas of the law.
Hampton is an active member of the community in his native Benson where he lives on the family farm. He has served as President of the Benson Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Benson Museum of Local History, and Commissioner of the Banner Fire District. He has also served as the Johnston County Bar Association President and as President of the Eleventh Judicial District Bar. He was named Benson Citizen of the Year in 1994.
Prior to joining the firm in 1981, Hampton practiced law in Durham from 1975-1979 and served as an Assistant District Attorney for the Eleventh District from 1979-1981.
Phone: (919) 894-8565
Fax: (919) 894-1198
Davidson College (B.A. in History, 1971)
University of North Carolina School of Law (J.D. with Honors, 1975)
North Carolina; United States District Court, Eastern District of N.C.; U.S. District Court, Middle District of N.C.
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- 11th Judicial Bar Association, President (2000)
- Johnston County Bar Association, President (1999)
- Johnston County Economic Development Commission, member 2006-present
- Johnston County Planning Board, member 1984-2002, chairman 1994-2001
- Johnston County Comprehensive Plan Work Group, chairman, 1998
- Benson Area Chamber of Commerce, member 1981-present, board of directors 1982-1984 and 2002-2003, president 1984 and 2003
- Benson Museum of Local History, board of directors 1987-present, chairman, 2006-present
- Banner Fire District, commissioner, 1986-present
- Benson Rescue Squad Advisory Committee, 1988-2012
- Benson Centennial Celebration, chairman, 1987
- Benson Recreation Committee, member 1982-1985
- Benson Lions Club, 1980 to present, past president
- Youth Baseball Coach, 1980-1997
- Youth Basketball Coach, 1983-1993
- Benson Citizen of the Year, 1994
- Captain, United States Army Reserves, 1972-1980